Use this website to easily create a free cease and desist letters from a variety of different templates. PLEASE NOTE: this web app is still under construction!
1. What type of cease and desist letter do you want to generate?
- Copyright Infringement: Your products have been copied without permission.
- Debt Collection Harassment: A business is unlawfully and continually attempting to collect money from you.
- Trademark Violation: Your registered trademark has been used or copied.
- General Harassment: A person or business is harassing and/or stalking you, or anything of this nature.
- Defamation and Slander: A person or business has said or published untrue things in order to hurt you or your business's# reputation.
- Non-compete Agreement: A previous employee has agreed not to work with any of your clients, but has not honoured this agreement.#
If you need more help selecting the right type of cease and desist letter, you might like to visit the wikipedia article: Cease and Desist to get started. If the type of letter that you're looking for isn't on the above list feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll do my best to help you out.
2. What type of item is involved in the infringement?
We'll use your selection here to determine how to tell the perpetrator about the product that they've unlawfully copied.
3. What is the name of your item? If it doesn't have a name, enter a description.
For example, if it's a book called "Pigs Are Born In Stys" - then that's exactly what you'd write in the above box (without the quote marks). If your item doesn't have a name, choose the second option and write a short formal description such as "photograph used on front page of ExampleWebsite.com".
4. Are you you acting as a company or an individual? Select the appropriate option and then enter the corresponding name.
These details will simply let the reciever of this cease and desist know who they are in conflict with.
5. Are you sending the letter to a company or an individual? Select the appropriate option and then enter the corresponding name. (If individual, enter name similar to "Mr. Smith" or "Ms. Doe")
These details will be used to address the perpetrator of the infringement.
6. Which country's copyright laws do you intend to use to fortify the cease and desist notice?
- United States
- United Kingdom
The country you select in this section will determine the laws and codes which are cited in the letter.
7. How would you like to send the cease and desist letter?
- By email
- By post...
If you choose to send the letter via email, we'll simply ask them to reply to the sending email address. If you are posting the letter you'll need to input your postal address and their postal address to be included in the letter.
8. Enter the date you intend to send the letter in the form "26th January, 2018":
This date will be displayed in the head of your letter. Enter the date that you will send the letter.
(Don't worry, you can still come back and change things)
DISCLAIMER: The generated agreement may not be suitable for your circumstances and it is recommended to seek legal advice before sending. CeaseAndDesister.com, understandably, can not take any responsibility for any events that arise as a result of you using the generated document.